Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Not Over

You are still suffering, poor, sweet girl.

It just seems like one thing after another keeps popping up for you, making getting better a little harder to achieve. Boo!

Daddy and I braved the awful weather and driving conditions to bring you back to the doctor to learn that your ear infection is still angry looking; we're going to keep giving you medicine until Friday. Tomorrow was supposed to be the last day. I mentioned the diaper rash you have, and after looking at it, he said that its fungal in nature. Which would explain how angry it looks!  And, sweetie, I am soo sorry for the pain I put you in every time I clean you up and put cream on your rash. It feels hot to my fingers, and I am certain it doesn't feel nice to you, either.

I watched you all afternoon and this evening while you took your bath, and I am certain that even sitting is not desirable to you; instead of sitting on your bum in the bath, you stayed on your hands and knees, and any time I tried setting you down on the floor so I could do something, you would instantaneously break down in tears. (And, I am soo thankful you have tears- I was worried you were dehydrated from all the diarrhea you've bee having- its why we brought you back to the doctor in the first place. As soon as he began assessing you, the tears sprang into your eyes. Thank goodness!) Mama doesn't even know how to hold you so that you're comfortable. Diaper rashes are one thing; ones as bad as this are a totally different ball game, and I do not wish them on anyone!

You're still fairly irritable and cuddly; you had a hard time getting comfortable with me, but you looked pretty comfy snuggled up on your daddy's sturdy chest this afternoon. I'm glad he had the opportunity to spend time with you like that. He's been so busy lately, he hasn't seen much of you or your sister for the last couple of days. And, I'm glad you had the opportunity to spend some quality time with your daddy. I know how much you love him, baby!

Miss Addison- I am soo proud of you! For the last two nights in a row, you've slept so good! Bed time was at 7:30 and its now 10:15, and you haven't woken up and cried (or screamed) once yet! Normally its usually within an hour or two of putting you down. You are soo amazing!

BUT, you are awake now. You must be hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment