Monday, March 19, 2012

In the Silence...

I've been sitting here for the last hour and a bit, working on another lo for my scrapbook album, and I can't hear any noise (aka snoring) coming from the room next door. Is he asleep or is he still awake? The question has been bouncing off the walls of my brain for just as long as I've been scrapbooking! Now that I'm ready to turn in, I guess my question will be answered!

We got husbands' C-PAP machine today. This is the first time he's using it, and so far, the difference has been quite dramatic. No snoring. Just quiet. Its a bit disconcerting, but kind of nice at the same time. We are hoping that this makes a difference in his quality of life, in the quality of our relationship, and in the quality of our family. I've suspected for quite some time that there's been health issues there, and after some jolts and bumps along the way, it finally got looked into. Sleep apnea was the result. Now the solution is the C-PAP machine.

Me? Things are moving slowly in that area. I'm seeing the dr. again on Wednesday (one of a multitude of visits), but I've been slow getting the necessary blood work done, so my appointment with him is going to be next to pointless. One thing is for sure: the Cipralex isn't working. I suspect it could be hypothyroidism (which is the diagnosis we're working towards) and my hormones are still probably out of whack. Since the kids were born, everything just seems to be abnormal. Its to the point now where I think I'm going crazy. Gaah!

The kids are going on a mini vacation next weekend. They're going to visit their grammy and grampy in Oyen, and I'm getting a week to myself. Its way overdue, and I'm pretty excited about it, but I'm going to miss my little monkey's something fierce. Hopefully during that week, I'll be able to get some of my health questions answered, too. (Fingers, eyes, and toes crossed...)

Project 365 is going awe.some. I'm actually a nut job for it. I take a ton of pictures so I have a lot of variety when it comes to deciding what's going to be scrapped. Some days, there's more than one lo for a particular day; and, the way I'm thinking right now, I may continue this past 2012. We'll see how I feel in another 6 months. (And, speaking of timelines--can you believe that we'll have been in Whitecourt for a year in April?! Cuh-razy!!)

...And, some candy:

 A wicked snow storm blew through our area last month, and after it was done, someone from our neighbourhood came around with his bob cat and cleaned up all the snow- from our sidewalks, off our driveways, even parts of the street. Every.single.house.on.our.block. It was so kind of him! The girls thought it was their daddy. And yes, their daddy is well capable of using a bob cat, but it wasn't him. Unfortunately. I tried telling them that, but naturally I'm wrong and they're right. It did make for a super cute lo though!!
And, dear husband. And his endearing hatred of milk. Every so often he'll help himself to a glass (mostly just a big gulp from the jug constitutes his 'milk drinking'), and I just had to catch it on camera. I think that may even be the first time I've seen him willingly drink a glass of milk. Again, it made for a great page!

No comments:

Post a Comment