Monday, January 2, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake

Now that Christmas is over, my thoughts can turn fully to preparing for the kids' birthday.

I've been mulling it over in my brain since August, and once I'd decided on a Strawberry Shortcake theme, I even began making invitations for the kids' party. (They were cute, but I've started thinking I want to make different ones). I guess that's a natural hazard when you start planning so early.

Since their birthday is in the middle of the week this year, I figured it would be best to host their party either the weekend before their birthday, or after. Makes sense, right? That way everyone that we want there will be able to make it.

When I realized family day was on the weekend I chose to throw their party (the weekend before their birthday), I began to worry that wouldn't be the best time to host it; if everyone was going to want to spend time with their families, I should pick another date. Then I discovered that Family Day is actually on the 20th this year, not the 19th. The 19th is the day I chose to have their birthday bash.

First, PHEW!!

Second, YAY!!

That means we can have Oma and Poppa and auntie and uncle and all the kids' friends, and whoever wants to or needs to spend the night at our place CAN, because the next day is a holiday!

Today, I discovered upon unpacking one of the many boxes that were piling up in the kids' room, that I had begun a tradition of collecting Willow Tree figurines for each of the girls. I was giving them to them as birthday presents.

Apparently I forgot.

At least I remembered in time!

Which has me wondering where I can find them here in Alberta? I thought Hallmark sold them, but I don't see them on their website. So, I went straight to Willow Tree. I've found the figurines I want to give the kids for their birthday, as well as one that would make a terrific Father's Day or birthday present for husband. (Since his birthday comes first, it will probably be his birthday present).

Now its time to start hunting online for great Strawberry Shortcake party ideas!!

Any pointers?


No comments:

Post a Comment