Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blessing

I had the first night in eons tonight to finally just sit and relax during the kids' regular bath time. It was an absolute dream come true! And, the icing on the cake--the living room was tidied up for me while I ran out to the grocery store to pick up hamburger buns so I could make supper for all of us!

No, my husband didn't do it.

My person- sweet, incredible, so-blessed-to-know SISTER did it for me. 

I've told her a couple times already tonight a sincere, heartfelt thank you, but I don't think she fully understands just how sincere and heartfelt my thank you's are! I mean it from the bottom of my {broken and exhausted} little heart.

It was a GREAT day for me today!


Its reveal day over at Lets Capture Our Memories, so I've got a new sketch and layout to share with you. But, since I still haven't figured out how to copy and paste the sketch into a blog post yet, you'll have to navigate yourself over to their blog to see for yourself- and in the process, check out everyone else's awesome takes on it. Pure genius, every single one of them!

This has got to be one of my most favourite sketches to date to work with. It came together remarkably quickly, and its so versatile and easy to manipulate. There's tons of room for creativity with this one- and if you like lots of white space in your projects, then this is the sketch for you!

On this particular layout, I used the script cuttlebug embossing folder to spruce up my orange piece of card stock- and for an even bigger bang, I lightly inked the raised portions using a sponge dauber. (I used Stampin' Up's More Mustard for the inking).

I also wanted a little bit of sparkle on this layout. I took another Cuttlebug embossing folder (one of the mini's that came along with the package when I bought it), and coloured the negative space in with my Stampin' Up water colour pencils (in red). Then I blended it in using the blender pen. The raised portions I filled in with my Martha Stewart glitter glue, then sprinkled my Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter powder onto. Let it dry, and you've got an adorable, glittery postage stamp that helps reinforce your title work- the girls love their horsey rides! I also glittered up the title work using the same glitter mentioned above.

The arrow is K&Co, and the 'washi tape' I created myself, using regular tape (not scotch, but the other kind- sorry brain fart) and Cherry Cobbler (SU) ink to paint it; then, I went back over it using Whisper White ink (SU) with a lined, miscellaneous stamp I've had around for ages. It didn't quite work to my liking, but I wound up loving its effect, anyways! Its obvious that it's lined, but with varying shades of red.

Lastly, just because I couldn't refuse, I added some pearl rhinestones for a little bit of glam.

So, there you have it- sketch 146 from LCOM! Hope you like it, and if you do use the sketch, don't forget to link up your project to Lets Capture Our Memories' blog post- we'd love to see how it inspires you, too!

~a

1 comment: