Saturday, July 28, 2012

And There You Have it

I'm bushed tonight. What a great day! The air show was amazing, and the girls really seemed to like it. The F-18 Hornet scared poor Maren, but we were prepared for it, so she sat in daddy's lap and he covered her ears with his hands. The way he cradled her made her feel so safe, I think, that she wouldn't let him take his hands away from her ears. She wanted to stay that way. And then, she fell asleep. So adorably sweet! Pictures will follow tomorrow. Promise!!

I just wanted to share one quick layout with you tonight, then I'm going to bed myself.


This is another 'just for fun' layout. I used the week 4 sketch for the monthly sketch challenge over at scrapbook.com. I also submitted this layout to Scrapping the Music- the 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' challenge. All because sweet Sharon suggested it. {Thanks, Sharon!!}

Addison and I were checking things out way up in the sky. She was telling me there were clouds, and birds, and the moon...I'm not sure what I was pointing at (because I can't remember), but I was pointing something else out to her that lives way up there. She likes referring to things up there as 'up sky', and other times its, 'up so high'. So, I mixed the two, and came up with 'the sky so high'!

And, the little 'joy' tag--just a little subliminal message there. Addison really is my pride and joy, and I wanted to let her know, in a subtle way, that's what she is to me.

Every single piece of patterned paper on this project is scraps. The strip that appears to be white, is actually light blue; it and the red/dark pink are from the Sweet Nectar 6x6 paper pad, the green strip is SU (a christmas paper pack), and the green/teal is Autumn Leaves card stock. The journalling spot was stamped using Old Olive SU ink on a scrap piece of Sweet Nectar patterned paper, and I spruced up a dollar store wedding tag by punching a circle and stamping the word joy on it (from the mini phrases SU stamp set) in Basic Black ink. The flower is Prima.

Oh! And the butterfly- its one I printed off the internet. It was used as a template for this layout, and I decided to hang onto it in case I ever wanted to use those particular butterflies ever again. At that time. Since I've been re-organizing the craft space and cleaning it up again, I just figured I'd use it and get it out of the way. It worked perfectly on this layout- the colours were just right.

While this was in the works, I really struggled with it. I didn't know what direction to take it, or which direction to let it naturally take on its own. After ignoring it for a few days, and pondering it, I was ready to tackle it again, and it (wonderfully) came together rather quickly. And, the final product is swoon worthy, IMHO. I just love it...

I'm starting to think that I'm loving...loving brights against white backgrounds. I can't get enough of it. I want to do more and more, and I've been trying to figure out what I could use for white backgrounds, since I've run out of white card stock. Ha. I've actually been reverted to using the sheets that come in the page protectors when you buy new post bound albums. Anyone else do that? For the time being, that is...

Well, its time to go, but I'll be back again tomorrow.

Till then...

~a


3 comments:

  1. I think it's so sweet that she fell asleep in her Daddy's arms. I'm really happy to hear that you all had such a lovely time! Good luck in the challenge, but with a layout that awesome you probably don't need luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, sometimes there is nother quite like a crisp clean white to make a layout POP!! Fabulous, layout, great colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the brights on white too! Such a cute page, Alison!

    ReplyDelete