Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Can Do Attitude

Another day, another layout! Eek, how exciting!

This is the first time that Addison insisted on putting her sweater on all by herself. Both girls are able to put their rain boots on all by themselves, but they haven't tried dressing themselves- until now. And, it hasn't happened since, but I'm sure the day isn't far in the future! Heck, they even try dressing me every once in a while (putting my slippers on if they notice they're not).

This layout is based on the bonus sketch for the monthly sketch challenge at Scrapbook.com. It is a two pager, but I kept it only one, because I didn't have enough pictures to make it two pages! I loved the idea of splitting the background paper into varying sized strips, but I felt inspired to create those strips using ink instead of patterned paper. Addisons' t-shirt inspired the colours for this layout- red and pink and green. Yummy colours that scream summer (or at least summer fruit, like the strawberry in her shirt).

To make the background, I used my polka dot stamp and an SU roller stamp (called Belle- in the black ink).

The pink alpha stickers I've had for eons- they're K&Co, and the flower sticker on the journalling spot is from the sticker pack as well. I used the Close to Cocoa ink for the rest of the title work.

The 6x6 piece of patterned paper is from the Sweet Nectar paper pad (again!!)- I love the paper clip and staples that are printed right on it. The small scrap piece of floral paper is also from the Sweet Nectar paper pad. I used one of my Martha Stewart border punches for the punch work.

Both the journalling spot and ribbon are miscellaneous.

I also thought I'd share some of the fun we had at the spray park over the weekend. I can hardly wait to go back!







2 comments:

  1. Cute LO! It looks like you had fun at the spray park too, great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you interpreted the sketch your way! http://www.ausscrapbookingdiva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete