Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Utter Determination


A few weeks back, my family came out to celebrate Fathers' Day. Maybe it was a month ago, already. My sister and brother in law decided to come out early to celebrate, and I'm glad they did. We had a lot of fun hanging out at the park with the kids just before their bedtime. It was the perfect way for them (auntie and uncle) to play with the kids.

While we were there, Maren decided to climb up this monkey bar thing that starts at the ground and curves upwards towards the main play structure. I'm not really sure what to call it, so I've dubbed it the 'half monkey bars'. I could hardly wait to get this picture onto paper and into the girls' scrapbook album. The look of sheer determination/concentration on Maren's face is absolutely incredible. I kind of think its one of those pictures you'd find in a motivational/inspirational type poster hanging on a wall somewhere. Yeah, I think this shot is that good. Its also one of the pictures that's really making me think that taking a photography class would be so fun and rewarding.

This particular layout is based on the monthly sketch challenge over at Scrapbook.com. Its the bonus sketch for week 2, mind you, but its the only one I can share with you right now, because everything else I've been working on is for DT's. On Friday I'll have one of them to share...I can hardly wait for it. Eek!

The floral paper is K&Co (Sweet Nectar), and they're scraps; so is the yellow card stock that's matted underneath it. The pink and beige card stock (on which the navy blue is matted on) are all Autumn Leaves (Walmart) card stock. I think the navy card stock is from DeSerres, my LSS. If you haven't been there before, you should check them out- in store at West Edmonton Mall, or online.  They've got everything for your crafty/hobby needs! Its a pretty neato store. Thanks to a dear friend for the heads up!

The little bit of punch work on the pink card stock strip is with a Martha Stewart scallop punch. Rhinestones are Recollections.

1 comment:

  1. How pretty!! I reallly love pink and yellow together, perfect!

    ReplyDelete