Monday, July 16, 2012

Reveal Day

Reveal day for Team B over at Lets Capture These Sketches was last Friday. You can find sketch #140 and everyone's incredible work right here.

This is my take on the sketch:


Good things come to those that wait: some of the layouts I made of the kids' twin cousins' birthday party were a bit of a surprise- I had done them for DT assignments! This is one of them. Obviously, mama and daddy are helping P and O blow out their candles.

Because there were some people in the background that I didn't necessarily want in the picture (and cropping them out wasn't an option), I decided to blur the edges of the picture to help keep the focus on the subjects I wanted: the birthday kids and their parents.

Also, reveal day for Miracle's Momma's Design Diva's was over the weekend, too! If you haven't already, you should really go and check out her wonderful blog; you'll find Sketch #21 (the latest sketch template) and the design teams' gorgeous work!

This is my interpretation of her sketch:


Addison told me, after wanting to 'jump' out of their playhouse into my arms that she loves me and I'm '...her hero'. If she ever wants to melt my heart, all she needs to do is say mushy stuff like that. I'm defenceless against it! Hence the title of my layout. I took a picture of the rock wall leading up to the playhouse to help illustrate the fact that Addison jumped out of (though I would have rathered her go down the slide instead of exiting the wrong way) the playhouse.

There is hidden journalling to help tell the story as it actually happened (behind the photo mat), but the journalling that's obviously out in the open is a brief heartfelt note to my sweet daughter, letting her know that if anyone's the hero around here, it would be her sister and herself, hands down. Being their mother is teaching me to be more patient, diligent, considerate, problem solver extraordinaire, creative...the list goes on. They are incredibly special and even more incredibly loved!

Well, this is all I have to share for right now. I don't quite understand why the pictures I took this weekend aren't loading to the computer. So, I guess I'll have those for you (keep your fingers crossed!) tomorrow!

Until then...

~a

1 comment: