Friday, May 4, 2012

Four Simple Words

34* hearing four sweet, beautiful words coming from their precious mouths: 'mommy, I love you'

We had an incredibly beautiful morning here. Finally at 11:30, I was able to convince the kids it would be fun to play outside. And, I'm glad they went, because they were out there until about ten to two. By then, dark clouds were rolling in, we heard a small peel of thunder, and it began to rain. It didn't come down really heavily until just a couple minutes ago, actually. Thank goodness Kyle got the front yard mowed! I finally have a yard that looks as nice as the rest of the neighbourhoods! (minus my flower beds. They've still got grass growing out of them).

Anyways, I was sitting on the deck, soaking up the sunshine, while the kids played in the backyard, when Maren joined me on the deck. She stood in-between my legs and laid her head in my lap. While she was standing there like that, and while I was gently stroking her head and talking with her, she suddenly said those four words to me. That's the first time she's said them to me without me saying them to her, first. 


{Melting heart} OH. MY. WORD!!!!!

35* Maren Avery and Addison Brie
36* Addison Brie and Maren Avery

On the same subject, Addison didn't sleep the greatest last night. She woke up a few times, and each time, I went in and got her re-arranged, covered up again and back to sleep. At four this morning, the last time she was awake, she was feeling pretty talkative. She asked for her kiki (blankie), and when I pulled it out from under her, I gently began stroking her forehead and whispered to her that I loved her.

I am not 100% sure, but I think Addison said, 'me too, mommy'.

37* love

There's one more thing that I absolutely LOVE today, but I won't be able to share it until either later today or tomorrow. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to post again today.

Do you ever marvel at yourself for creating something that you feel is so incredible, the stars must have aligned just right in order for you to have created that item in the first place?

Yeah, I feel that way about my latest layout. I'm so pumped about it I can hardly wait to share it! I actually love it so much, I have decided I need to make another one. The subject on this one is miss Addison. SO, the subject on the second one should naturally be miss Maren!


No comments:

Post a Comment