Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Little Star


My dearest Addison; obviously the trip to grammy's was necessary. We both had a much needed break away from each other. I don't mean to say that we don't love each other, but we sure needed some time to breathe and allow our hearts to grow fond again for each other.

I don't know what happened while you were gone, but the change in you is incredible and absolutely welcome. I had noticed the day or two before your departure that you were becoming more vocal; so, your vacation may not have had anything to do with your dramatic change. It could have just been starting to come around at the time you took your vacation. Maybe your vacation just facilitated the change in you better.

On the other hand, maybe it was your vacation that allowed this new, vocal, outstanding, incredibly brave girl to suddenly emerge. I love listening to you talk. I admit, I have a hard time understanding you most of the time. I have to listen closely to you, and I have to think hard while you're talking. Your c's and k's and ck's sound like t's. You often forget an 'r', or other letters, so knowing exactly for sure what it is you're saying it sometimes tricky. Your th's are sometimes translated as 'f's...

I'm not trying to nit pick and make a big deal of the way you're talking. You're still a toddler and you're still learning, and it is super cute. I've always thought other children that talked the same way were the cutest things on this earth. Period. And, I still do. I wouldn't change a single little thing about you. I am enraptured with every little thing about you. From those striking blue eyes, to that single, lonely dimple of yours, to the way you pat my back when I'm holding you in my arms, to the way you love to snuggle in and just cuddle...the list is endless...

The point I am trying to make is that I am happy you've gone through this transformation, and I hope you stay this way. Don't ever lose your twinkle, little one. For, you are my little star- the little star that twinkles and shines bright and makes me thankful.

Mama loves you. Very much.

38* personal transformations
39* little stars that twinkle and shine bright
40* i'm thankful for the ability to be thankful and to have things to be thankful for!

And, on a totally different note, remember how I mentioned that sometimes, there are projects that we step back from and totally allow ourselves to be awed by? This is it!!

1 comment: